Seattle University School of Law is the most diverse law school in the Northwest, dedicated to the twin priorities of academic excellence and education for justice. The School of Law is home to leading academic programs, including the country's top-ranked Legal Writing Program, the Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic, and distinguished centers and institutes. These programs and a superb faculty support the law school's mission to educate outstanding lawyers to be leaders for a just and humane world.
Law School Highlights
- Legal Writing Program
- The Legal Writing Program is ranked No. 1 in the country, known for its innovative, practice-oriented curriculum and use of cutting-edge technology. Employers know graduates of the law school are well-prepared for the workforce. The program is consistently ranked among the nation’s leading law schools.
- Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic
- The street front Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic provides students the opportunity to work on real cases with real clients on issues ranging from predatory lending to international human rights violations and contributes thousands of hours of free legal services to those who would otherwise not have representation.
The law school’s outstanding faculty members are committed to both scholarship and teaching. Many are recognized as national leaders in their fields, while remaining committed to student development. The faculty is also one of the most diverse in the country.
- Global Academic Program
- The growing academic program is becoming more global. We offer summer programs in South Africa and Madrid, place students in externships and internships in places such as Cambodia, Nicaragua, and Kenya, and have faculty conducting research throughout the world.
- Active Alumni
- The School of Law is well connected with the bench and bar in Washington and has nearly 10,000 alumni working in all fields and throughout the country and the world.
- Leading Centers and Institutes
- The School of Law has leading centers and institutes, including the Fred T. Korematsu Center for Law and Equality, the Access to Justice Institute, Adolf A. Berle Jr. Center on Corporations, Law & Society, and Center for Indian Law and Policy.
- Academic Resource Center
- The Access Admission Program and Academic Resource Center admit and support promising law students who don’t meet traditional criteria for admittance but otherwise demonstrate their potential for success. ARC scholars have gone on to great success and are changing the face of the legal community. An anonymous donor who believes strongly in the program has given more than $7 million for a scholarship endowment.
- Seattle University School of Law is accredited by the American Bar Association and holds full membership in the Association of American Law Schools.
- Council of the Section of Legal Education and Admissions to the Bar
American Bar Association
321 N. Clark Street, 21st Floor
Chicago, IL 60654
The School of Law is located on Seattle University’s beautifully landscaped, 48-acre urban campus in the lively Capitol Hill neighborhood just steps from downtown Seattle, one of the nation’s leading legal, business, and cultural hubs.
We are please to provide the following information in compliance with the American Bar Association Standard 509.