Fall 2015 Class Assignments
Class assignments are listed alphabetically by course name. All will be posted as received. If you do not see the assignments you are looking for, check TWEN, your professor's personal homepage or return to this web page to check again later.
- Register for this course on WestLaw’s TWEN when you receive your WL password.
- Textbook: Business Entities: Cases and Materials (3rd Ed.) by Professor Eric Chiappinelli.
- Read Chapters 1 and 2 in Chiappinelli's textbook.
Tuesday August 25
- Overview of Latina/o Stereotypes and Mistreatment of Latina/os in U.S. Law Greasers and Gringos
- Read preface and pages 1-29 Hernandez v. Texas, 347 U.S. 475 (1954)
- First Assignment
- Documents Manual is available at: http://law.seattleu.edu/documents/faculty/benders/docmanual.pdf
- Class 1 Tuesday August 25
- Introduction: The Nature of Modern Real Estate Transactions pages 1-13
- Class 2 Thursday August 27
- Overview of Lawyer’s Role in Real Estate Conveyancing and Broker Competition 17- 37; Douglas v. Visser, 295 P.3d 800 (Wash. App. 2013)
- Please register on TWEN, Password is: RemediesSU2015.
- Class 1: Monday, August 24, 2015: Introductory Lecture: "Justice in the Real World: God's Work on Earth Must Truly be Our Own." Focus: The Rightful Position Principle. Casebook 1-18 (Includes Introduction plus U.S. v. Hatahley).
- Class 2: Wednesday, August 26, 2015: Value as the Measure of the Rightful Position. Casebook:18-35 [Trinity Church; In Re September 11th – Twin Towers Litigation]
- Problem No. 1 due Class 3.
For All Future Assignments and Due Dates:
Check Assignment List at End of Syllabus
- Text: Henderson, Pearson, and Kyser, The Torts Process (8th ed.)
- In your textbook, read the Overview of the legal profession and the legal process p. 1-9: and The elements of battery: p. 9-19.
- Read How to Prepare for Torts Class found on TWEN in Course Materials.