These law-related placements outside of the law school are opportunities for law students to do legal work for an agency or court and earn academic credit. Students are closely mentored by an on-site supervising attorney or judge and have an opportunity for reflection and discussion with a faculty supervisor in a seminar format.
The following externships are available this summer in Alaska:
- Anchorage District Attorneys Office
- Municipality of Anchorage - Business and Commercial Law Department
- Municipality of Anchorage - Employment Law Department
- Municipality of Anchorage - Criminal Law Department
- Municipality of Anchorage - Land Use Section
- Municipality of Anchorage - Local Government and Administrative Law Section
- Office of Public Advocacy
To see full descriptions of the externships and application requirements, please visit the Externship Program homepage.
Students should note that externship positions have separate deadlines unrelated to the registration process with Seattle University.
For more information, including important information on dates and application requirements, contact Professor Gillian Dutton at 206.398.4010, or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.