Law School's Top 10
There are so many reasons Seattle University School of Law is the right choice for you. Here are some of our top 10:
- Our No. 1 ranked Legal Writing Program will prepare you to be practice-ready. The model program is led by Professor Anne Enquist, who along with Laurel Oates '78, co-authored The Legal Writing Handbook, which has been adopted by law schools around the country.
- Our Ronald A. Peterson Law Clinic is one of the country's best clinical programs, allowing students make a difference in the lives of their clients.
- Our Externship Program offers more than 400 placements in civil, criminal, and judicial settings in Seattle, Washington State, the nation, and the world.
- We serve the marginalized and vulnerable through our commitment to social justice. Students contribute thousands of hours of community service through our voluntary Pledge Pro Bono Program.
- One of 14 Jesuit law schools in the United States, Seattle University is the most diverse law school in the Pacific Northwest.
- We offer a comprehensive financial aid program through which $37 million in scholarships, loans, loan forgiveness (for alumni), and work study funds are annually awarded to more than 90 percent of our students.
- We have the state's only Part-Time Program geared to the needs of working professionals, and students can choose to start their studies in summer or fall.
- Our faculty includes highly accomplished scholars who are also great teachers. Our student to faculty ratio is 12.3:1.
- We offer eight joint degree programs allowing you to earn a J.D. and a master's degree from Seattle University in Business Administration, Finance, International Business, Professional Accounting, Public Administration, Sport Administration and Leadership, Criminal Justice, or Transformational Leadership.
- There are nearly 10,000 alumni practicing in 50 states and 20 countries. Seattle University School of Law graduates make up the largest number of practicing attorneys in the state of Washington.