Getting to know potential employers is an important part of your job search. Not only will it help to ensure that you are a good fit, but it is necessary to craft tailored application materials and to prepare for an interview. Employers want to know why you want to work for them.
Begin by reviewing the employer's website. Look for a mission statement, primary focus areas and projects, and staff biographies. Do not stop at the employer's website.
Other places to research:
- Martindale.com - Search law firm employers by practice area, firm size, and city
- National Association for Law Placement - Find basic information, including the number of attorneys, practice areas, clients, governance structure, firm philosophy, and billable hour requirements
- LinkedIn - View profiles of and connect with potential employers
- Lexis and Westlaw - Read high profile cases handled by potential employers
- Washington State Attorney General
- Washington state agencies and commissions
- Links to federal agencies
- Seattle's 100 Best Companies to Work For
- Puget Sound Business Journal