For SU Law Students and Graduates

If you're conducting a summer or permanent job search outside of western Washington, we may be able to arrange for you to use the career services office of other law schools in the area where you're looking. SU Law has reciprocal agreements with many other law schools. The agreements vary from school to school, so you should check the reciprocity policy of the school you'd like to visit by looking it up on the NALP website.

We are members of a database that includes job postings from over 100 law schools. Under Visitor Information, select Intercollegiate Job Bank. Contact us for the username and password.

A request for reciprocity must come from the Center for Professional Development. First you must do the following:

1. Identify the schools from which you would like to request reciprocity;

2. Review each school's reciprocity policy and see that it matches with our policy. For example, some schools require that you are living in the state, or require that you register personally in order to gain access to job resources.

Once you have a running list of reciprocal schools, please send your request to Junsen Ohno at When requesting reciprocity, please indicate the names of the schools that you are requesting.

Requests for reciprocity by both current students and alums are limited to 10 requests per person per year. Please plan accordingly.

For Students and Graduates of Other Law Schools

The SU Law reciprocity policy is as follows:

  1. Reciprocal career services are available to students and graduates of ABA-approved law schools that agree to provide similar services to the students and graduates of Seattle University Law School.

  2. We offer remote access to employment listings. We do not offer resume/cover letter review or participation in on-campus interviews. Counseling services are not available to students and alums of other law schools.

  3. Reciprocity will be granted for a three-month period, renewable at our discretion. Reciprocity services will not be available from August 1 to November 15 during the fall recruiting period.

  4. Requests for reciprocity must be made by a career services officer of the home law school and should include the name, address, telephone number and e-mail address of the student/graduate. They should certify that the individual requesting reciprocity is either a student or graduate of that law school. Please e-mail these requests to Junsen Ohno.

If you have any further questions, please e-mail Junsen Ohno.

Sullivan Hall