Attend a Conference, Training or Other Event
ATJI facilitates student participation in several state, regional, and national social justice conferences throughout the year. In the past, ATJI has been able to provide some financial assistance for conference fees or travel costs to the following conferences:
- Equal Justice Works Conference & Career Fair
- Legal Foundation of Washington's Goldmark Luncheon and Mini-Conference. February 21, 2014 in Seattle, WA
- The Society of American Law Teachers' (SALT) Trina Grillo Public Interest and Social Justice Retreat, March 21-22, 2014 at Southwestern Law School
If you have any questions about the above conferences or other opportunities, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Student Bar Association also offers financial assistance to attend conferences through an application process. Click here for more info.
ATJI offers skills trainings to students interested in engaging in pro bono work and developing their capacity as leaders committed to social justice. Please visit our blog for the latest trainings offered through ATJI, the law school, and other organizations. Current offerings include:
- Wednesday Workshops: ATJI offers a series of trainings to prepare students to engage in pro bono opportunities. Training topics include professional responsibility and ethics, client-interviewing, and cross-difference competence. Click here to view past offereings from the 2013-2014 school year.
- Lawyering in a Diverse World Series: You can participate in a series of engaging workshops designed to create awareness and empower you with skills and tools on a variety of issues related to diversity, and ultimately give you the competitive edge for effective lawyering in our increasingly diverse and complex world.