Lessons from Woburn
Lessons from Woburn is a complex and compelling educational tool. Learn more about the case: Anderson v. W.R. Grace.
The Untold Stories
The first video: The Untold Stories (30 minutes) consists of three segments:
- What was the case about?
- Was bifurcation fair?
- Did the truth come out in trial?
The Rules of Civil Procedure
The second video: The Rules of Civil Procedure (131 minutes) is divided into nine segments, including:
- Subject Matter Jurisdiction
- Summary Judgment
- The jury system
Conduct and Settlement
The third video: Conduct and Settlement (50 minutes) has four segments:
- Lawyer behavior
- Attorney-Client relationship
- Financing a lawsuit
- Ethics in negotiation and settlement
The Course Book
The course book is free with purchase of the tape:
- Four problems enhance classroom discussion.
- Brief exercises allow for role-playing, writing, and researching.