Gail Sausser received her J.D. from American University's Washington College of Law in Washington, D.C., after completing a first year of law school in Seattle University School of Law's night program. She returns now as an adjunct professor teaching Health Law I.
Gail Sausser worked as staff attorney for Virginia Mason Medical Center for four years prior to joining their healthcare consulting division. She has also worked as a commercial casualty insurance broker for Johnson & Higgins, a project officer fellow for the Health Care Financing Administration (now CMS), and an associate for Vinson & Elkins, LLP, in Washington, D.C., where she practiced health law with an emphasis on Medicare reimbursement and provided HIPAA advice to a consortium of hospitals nation-wide. While in Washington, D.C., she also served as Chair of the HIPAA@Work task force for the Healthcare Financial Management Association.
She has published a series of articles related to a range of health law topics from privacy to anti-trust, as well as authored or co-authored the following books:
- Gail Sausser, Tom Sadauskas, HIPAA TRANSACTIONS COMPANION, Ingenix/St. Anthony’s Publishing, January 2003;
- Gail Sausser, Tom Sadauskas, HIPAA FACILITY DESK REFERENCE, Ingenix/St. Anthony’s Publishing, Spring 2002; and
- Gail Sausser, HIPAA SPECIAL MEMBER BRIEFING COLLECTION – STANDARDS FOR ELECTRONIC TRANSACTIONS AND CODE SETS, American Health Lawyers Association, December 2000
Phone: (206) 235.5566
- A.R.M. (Associate in Risk Management), Insurance Institutes of America
- B.A., Heritage College (Fort Wright)
- M.A., Antioch West, Vancouver, B.C.
- J.D., magna cum laude, American University’s Washington College of Law
- Health Law I