View the Lemieux Library's Articles and Databases guide (for non-legal resources).
Or browse the Databases with descriptions below:
- Bloomberg Law:
- Bloomberg Law is a legal research platform that includes primary legal sources, BCite, Bloomberg news, and financial and market information.
- BNA All Online:
- The over 100 titles in the BNA All online library provide news, analysis and cases on legal and regulatory developments in a variety topical areas. Available to Seattle University Law faculty, staff, students and walk-in patrons for "purposes of research, education or other non-commercial use".
- Online exercises from The Center for Computer-Assisted Legal Instruction.
- Includes federal and selected state primary legal materials, including Washington State.
- Clearinghouse Review:
- This online journal covers issues in poverty law and is published by the National Center on Poverty Law.
- Consumer Law Manuals:
- Consumer Law Manuals, from the National Consumer Law Center allows access to all documents, including appendices and pleadings, on 18 individual companion websites.
- Current Index to Legal Periodicals (CILP):
- Find citations to newly-published legal journals and law review articles.
- Encyclopedia of Public International Law Online:
- This online encyclopedia includes about 850 articles on comparative public law and international law, including law of treaties and law of the sea.
- Foreign Law Guide:
- Provides information on primary and secondary sources of foreign law, covering 200 jurisdictions, with a focus on references to English translations of full text legislation.
- Hein Online:
- Historical and selected current coverage of major law journals. Also contains the Federal Register, Treaties, United States Reports, United States Attorney General Opinions, and selected historical law books considered "legal classics." Also provides access to the U.S. Congressional Documents Collection featuring the bound and daily versions of Congressional Record, its three predecessor titles, and other important congressional material and the U.S. Federal Agency Library of selected agency decisions.
- Index to Foreign Legal Periodicals:
- Find citations to foreign legal journal and law review articles.
- Index to Legal Periodicals:
- Find citations to legal journal and law review articles.
- International Courts of General Jurisdiction:
- Contains decisions from the Permanent Court of International Justice and the International Court of Justice.
- International Law in Domestic Courts:
- Contains domestic cases in international law from other countries. Features expert commentary, full texts of judgments in their original language and translations of key passages of non-English judgments into English.
- Journals of Legal Scholarship:
- Issues in Legal Scholarship, Theoretical Inquires in Law: Electronic journals providing academic analysis of law and law related subjects.
- Find citations to legal journal and law review articles. Includes some full text articles.
- Provides comprehensive authoritative legal, news, public records and business information.
- LLMC Digital:
- Access to digital images of historical United States government documents, including statutes, treatises, case law, administrative decisions, and reports of government agencies, boards and departments. In the future, will expand to include Commonwealth and Civil Law countries.
- Contains the complete library of Washington State Bar Association CLE deskbooks and coursebooks; business law library; estate planning and family law library; litigation, ADR, ethics, and general practice library; real estate law library.
- The Making of Modern Law:
- Includes over 21,000 works from the nineteenth and early twentieth centuries on British Commonwealth and American law. The monographs and materials in Legal Treatises include casebooks, local practice manuals, books on legal form, works for lay readers, pamphlets, letters, and speeches.
- Muslim World Journal of Human Rights:
- Electronic journal with full text articles on the various human rights debates facing the Muslim world.
- ProQuest Congressional:
- Provides indexing (1789 to current) and some full-text access (late 1980’s to current ) to various publications of the U.S. Congress (bills, laws, testimony, and legislative history). Includes the Congressional Digital Research Collection covering Congressional Research Service reports from 2004 to present.
- Proquest Statistical Insight:
- Collection of individually indexed statistical tables, drawn from statistical compilations issued by the federal government, regulatory agencies, state governments and intergovernmental organizations as well as private sector and non-profit sources.
- Springer Law Journals:
- Electronic journals providing analysis of various legal topics, including Criminal Law Forum, Feminist Legal Studies, Law and Critique, Law and Philosophy, and Law and Human Behavior.
- Includes American primary legal materials and tribal materials.
- An extensive collection of legal resources, news, business and public record information.
- Westlaw Patron Access:
- Provides access to selected Westlaw databases including state and federal cases and statutes, law reviews and bar journals, legal encyclopedias, Washington Practice, legal forms and much more.
Contact a Reference Librarian
This online encyclopedia includes about 850 articles on comparative public law and international law, including law of treaties and law of the sea.
Trouble Accessing a Database?
Please report any access issues to Tina Ching, Electronic Services Librarian.