Withdrawal Policy and Process
- Students may withdraw through the 1st week of class, the 100% refund period, with a drop-without-record. This means the class will not appear on the transcript, however, the date of the withdrawal is logged in the system. Students may use SU Online to withdraw from a class only through the first week of class. (Withdrawal from a wait-listed class requires approval from the Associate Dean for Student Affairs.) After the first week of class, all drop actions must be processed using an Add/Drop Form.
- All first year students must see Associate Dean Deming for approval of any drop actions.
- A "W" will be recorded on all withdrawals processed after the first week of class.
- After the 5th week of class, the student must have a faculty signature and approval from Associate Dean for Student Affairs. This is to make sure students are advised about residency requirements and normal progress for their degree.
- Any withdrawals from a class must take place prior to the final exam in that class.
- Students who abandon a course without permission from the instructor and/or Associate Dean for Student Affairs are subject to a "WF" (failing) grade.
- Students withdrawing from all classes in a term must see the Associate Dean for Student Affairs to discuss leave of absence possibilities.
Exception: Any student requesting a drop from a wait-listed class, and it is after the posted drop deadline for that class, must get approval from Associate Dean for Student Affairs.