Training Tutorials and Tips
Law School Specific Technology Training & Tips
The Law School technology offices have created and/or collected a selection of tips,
handouts and tutorials to assist you with commonly used technology and media products.
Online Skills and Software Training (via Lynda.com)
The University has signed a campus-wide license with Lynda.com which provides unlimited, premium access to all Seattle University students, faculty, and staff.
Fear no software and take advantage of a library of over 1500 courses covering a variety of soft skills as well as 300 PC and Mac Software Applications.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
- E-Learning Software (Camtasia, Blackboard, Moodle)
- Finance (Quickbooks, SQL, Access)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Apple, Linux, etc.)
- Media Production (Final Cut, Premiere, graphic design)
- Soft Skills (career development, project management)
- Technical Skills (photography, lighting, programming)
Each course is broken into task-based videos which are usually only 2-4 minutes in length making it easier to squeeze training into your busy schedule. Your account also keeps track of your progress and can generate Certificates of Completion for each course.
All you need is an Internet connection, speakers or headphones, and your SU account: http://www.seattleu.edu/lynda/