Training Tutorials and Tips
Law School Specific Technology Training & Tips
For information on equipment and tutorials specific to the law school, check these categories:
Online Skills and Software Training (via Lynda.com)
Seattle University has campus-wide license with Lynda.com, the provider of one of the largest online repositories of online tutorials for software and skills. Access to Lynda.com is provided for free to all Seattle University students, faculty, and staff.
Take advantage of a library of over 2,200 courses covering a variety of soft skills as well as 300 PC and Mac Software Applications.
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere)
- E-Learning Software (Camtasia, Blackboard, Moodle)
- Finance (Quickbooks, SQL, Access)
- Operating Systems (Windows, Apple, Linux, etc.)
- Media Production (Final Cut, Premiere, graphic design)
- Soft Skills (career development, project management)
- Technical Skills (photography, lighting, programming)
Each course is broken into task-based videos which are usually only 2-4 minutes in length making it easier to squeeze training into your busy schedule. Your account also keeps track of your progress and can generate Certificates of Completion for each course.
All you need is an Internet connection, speakers or headphones, and your SU account: http://www.seattleu.edu/lynda/