Plan An Activity
Whether it’s a week-long film festival, a panel discussion, or a reception, Seattle University School of Law students are supported in their efforts to organize events. If you have any questions, contact Roderick Morrison, Assistant Director.
Event Planning Steps:
Below are the steps you need to take for your various event needs.
- Co-Curricular Organizations
- Event Planning Memo & Other Forms
- Schedule a Student Organization Meeting
- Reserve a table on the Courtyard Level
- Panel/Reception where External Parties are Invited (Alumni, comunnity members, etc.)
- Events on campus but not at Sullivan Hall
- Catering Requests
- Bon Appetit Menu
- Submit an Announcement
- Student Bar Association's Funding
- Dean's Funding Guidelines
- Departments' Funding Guidelines
- Conference Funding
- Student Fundraising Guidelines: Student organizations must get permission from the Office of Advancement before soliciting funds from alumni or other individuals, foundations, law firms, corporations or other entities.
SJSJ, Law Review, Moot Court and DR Board work directly with Arliss Doss for all of your event needs.
You can work directly with Arliss Doss (firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a room for your meeting. No event memo needed.
You can work directly with Arliss Doss (email@example.com) to reserve a table. If this is tied to an event such as a fundraiser, then please include it in the event memo. If it is just a membership drive, no event memo needed.
You must fill out an event memo. In order to ensure that it is a well-done event, please set up a meeting with Assistant Director Morrison at least one moth before.
Set up an appointment to meet with Roderick Morrison and Arliss Doss to discuss venue and logistical needs.
View the Bon Appetit menu.
Learn the how to submit announcements to the Weekly email, Daily email, calendar, docket and Prolific Reporter.
Click here to learn more about applying for Speakers, Programming, and Conference funds.
For more information about applying for Programming and Conference funds view the Dean's Funding Guidelines.
Click here for more Information about applying for Programming funds.
Please fill out and submit the attached "SBA Org Conference Budget Request" form if you want to request funds to go to a conference. This form will be used by both the SBA and the deans. Make sure to include print outs of the conference, registration fees, estimates on the travel and hotel fees, etc. Click here to access the Dean's Funding Guidelines and click here to access the Student Bar Association's Funding Guidelines.