Departments' Funding Guidelines
The goal of ATJI is to create programming that will inspire law students toward a lifelong commitment to social justice, public interest, and public service, wherever their career paths may take them. ATJI also aims to build a community for law students who share a commitment to serving marginalized or underrepresented individuals, communities and causes. ATJI supports innovative and informative social justice forums, conferences, symposia, speaker series, and other events for the law school community, as well the greater community in collaboration with students, faculty, staff, and community partners.
ATJI will consider the following factors when determining whether it is able to provide funding for student-organized events:
- Strategy, purpose and goals of the event are consistent with ATJI's goals
- Inclusive and encourages and promotes diversity and accessibility
- Facilitates a bridge between academics and action
- Provides opportunities for relationship-building among the law school community, the equal justice community and the broader community
- Provides opportunities for student leadership development
- Incorporates collaboration with other students, student organizations, law school department administration and faculty, and community groups (does not duplicate or compete with others who are promoting similar events).
The Center for Professional Development office is available to help students identify career options, market themselves confidently and professionally, and develop job search skills that will serve them throughout their professional career.
CPD will consider the following factors when determining whether it is able to provide funding for student-organization events:
- Strategy, purpose, and goals of the event are consistent with career development
- Facilitates the learning of practice areas in a variety of fields.
- Helps develop skills necessary for career development.
- Provides opportunities for relationship-building among the law school community, the Bench, and Bar.