The Center for Indian Law & Policy
The Center for Indian Law and Policy makes Indian law a focal point among the array of educational opportunities available to our students. It is built upon the success of the Institute for Indian Estate Planning and Probate, which opened its doors at SU in 2005 and which has provided services, information and education to Indian people, tribal leaders, students and attorneys. The Center for Indian Law and Policy is uniquely situated to continue and expand the school's service to Indian communities regionally as well as nationally.
- To provide an emphasis on Indian law in the curriculum, research, programs and projects at Seattle University School of Law;
- To provide unique learning opportunities to students through innovative classes, practical experience and interaction with tribal representatives;
- To develop new programs that will assist Indian tribes and their members deal with the variety of unique laws that apply to them;
- To develop innovative CLE programs and an electronic clearinghouse for recent developments in Indian law for practitioners
- To make information about current legal issues available to Indian tribes and people;
- To provide legal services to Indian tribes and people.
Center for Indian Law & Policy
Sullivan Hall 115
901 12th Avenue
P.O. Box 222000
Seattle, WA 98122