Enrollment Status for JD Students
To determine your enrollment status, use the following guidelines:
- Fall/spring semesters: 8-16 credits.
- Summer term: 3-9 credits.
- Fall/spring: at least 4 credits.
- Summer: 2 credits.
Less than half-time
- Fall/spring: 3 or fewer credits.
- Summer: 1 credit.
Leave of absence and withdrawal/transfer
- Seattle U Law alumni are entitled to six free alumni course credits* (see below).
- Students who earned a JD or equivalent elsewhere may be eligible to audit classes. Contact us for more information.
- Current Seattle University School of Law students may not audit classes.
Alumni Credits and Audit
- Seattle U law alumni are entitled to six free course credits, eligible for use upon graduation.
- Complete the Special Student Application to take a course, and permission is required. Note that 50 percent of current tuition will be charged for classes with more than 6 credits.
*All classes are eligible except:
- waitlisted courses
- courses where students are required to make commitments to third parties
- seminars or labs
- courses where withdrawal may have an adverse and substantial effect upon the education of other students
Contact the Registrar
Monday-Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Hours are subject to change during exams, holidays, and summer session. Changes will be posted outside of the entrance to the Administrative Offices.
A drop box is located to the left of the Administrative Office doors for after-hours correspondence.